Image source: Google Workspace
Automated call transcription software has become increasingly popular among students, companies, and individuals who want to efficiently organize their thoughts and ideas.
These advanced tools offer helpful features such as real-time transcription, actionable insights, smart summaries, team collaboration and productivity-related functionalities.
However, with so many transcription apps available today, choosing the most appropriate one can take time and effort.
In this article, we will focus on the best call transcription software available in 2024 to help you find the best option for your needs.
Let's get started!
What is call transcription?
Let's start by going through the basics before we get into our list of the best call transcription software in 2024.
Call transcription involves converting speech from audio recordings, such as telephone calls or online meetings, into written text.
This conversion process is carried out by automated call transcription software that uses advanced technologies like speech recognition and natural language processing.
Transcribing audio into text creates a written conversation record, making it easier to review, analyze, and reference the information discussed during the call, meeting, webinar, or lecture.
10 best call transcription software for 2024
Let’s start with our list of 10 best call transcription software in 2024 without further delay.
Bluedot is an AI-powered meeting assistant and call transcription tool specially designed for Google Meet. With Bluedot, you can effortlessly record, transcribe, and summarize your online meetings and calls, making your life easier.
Bluedot is a call transcription tool with high accuracy that offers a unique approach compared to similar tools. Unlike its competitors, it doesn't need access to your calendar to function correctly.
Additionally, it doesn't use a disruptive bot to manage your recordings. Instead, you can use a free Chrome extension that automatically integrates into your Google Meet sessions after installation.
At BluedotHQ, we prioritize your data security. Our call transcription software follows GDPR and EU data protection laws, ensuring total encryption and secure data storage. Your meeting data and personal information remain inaccessible to third parties.
To experience Bluedot's many advantages, request a demo today!
Bluedot offers subscription plans catering to individual and team users' specific needs and budgets.
You can opt for our Free plan that provides ten meetings with 1 hour per recording time.
However, if you need unlimited meetings, screen recording, video uploads, and additional benefits, you can upgrade to our Pro plan, which is available at $18 per month.
If you manage or work in a team, contact us to learn about our Team plan and customized pricing options.
Book your demo with Bluedot today!
Notta.ai is a call transcription tool that can transcribe audio in 104 languages. This call transcription software includes a built-in screen recorder, an AI summarizer, and a feature for scheduling meetings.
However, some users have reported missing sentences in the transcriptions and difficulties differentiating between speakers.
If you are searching for call transcription software that supports a wide range of languages, Notta.ai is a good option. Nevertheless, you should explore some Notta.ai alternatives for additional features.
Notta.ai offers different plans:
- Free plan with limited features
- Pro plan for $13.99 per month for individual users
- Business plan for $59 per month for two seats
- Enterprise plan with custom pricing
Fathom is a meeting assistant and call transcription tool that uses AI technology. It comes with an intuitive highlighting feature for instant summarization.
This call transcription software can transcribe calls in seven different languages, and it is completely free for individual use. It can also automate the synchronizing of meeting notes to your Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
However, it is essential to note that Fathom is currently only compatible with Zoom. Furthermore, its premium plans start at a slightly higher price point of $32 per month.
Fathom offers free access for individual users, while teams and companies can select from two premium plans:
- Standard plan at $32/user/month
- Pro plan at $39/user/month
Otter.ai is a popular call transcription service offering real-time transcription capabilities, collaboration, and sharing features.
Otter.ai has been the preferred choice for many companies and freelance users for years. However, with advances in transcription technology, Otter.ai now faces increased competition from similar tools that offer more than just audio transcription.
If you need additional features such as video editing and screen recording, Otter.ai may not be your best option. In that case, you can check out our list of the best Otter.ai alternatives.
Otter.ai provides a free basic plan and three paid alternatives:
- Pro plan at $16.99/user/month
- Business plan at $40/user/month
- Enterprise plan with custom pricing
TL;DV is a real-time call transcription app that automatically transcribes Google Meet meetings. It uses a bot to join the meeting and generates a summary and transcript once it ends.
While TL;DV provides accurate transcriptions, it is mainly designed for transcribing sales meeting calls. It might be less suitable for other types of companies and teams. You can evaluate TL;DV alternatives if that's your situation.
TL;DV pricing is at the higher end of the spectrum with a monthly cost of $25 per user. Those not subscribed to their premium plans can only access free meeting recordings for up to 3 days.
TL;DV offers a free forever option for individual use, which includes basic features and two plans with advanced functionalities:
- Pro plan costs $25 per user per month
- Enterprise plan comes with customized pricing
Chorus, by ZoomInfo, is a screen recording and call transcription software designed for customer-facing teams and transcribing sales meeting calls. It allows users to record calls and sales demos and upload the transcriptions directly into Salesforce and Outreach.
The software also provides real-time analytics and insights during customer calls but does not include additional collaboration or productivity features.
Another potential drawback of using Chorus is its lack of a clear pricing structure.
Interested individuals can only get exact numbers by booking a demo, which may not be ideal if transparency and cost-effectiveness are your priority.
You can evaluate Chorus alternatives instead.
Fireflies is a popular meeting assistant and call transcription app. Initially, it was designed to convert audio recordings into text, but it has since expanded to offer a range of features. Some features, such as screen recording, are only available in the Business plan and higher tiers.
One of the most notable things about Fireflies is its integration capabilities. It can integrate with over 50 other business apps and video conferencing tools, including popular tools like Salesforce, Zoho, Slack, and Notion.
Additionally, users can create custom integrations with Fireflies' API, offering even more flexibility and customization options.
Take a look at our list of top Fireflies alternatives to see how it compares to similar solutions.
Fireflies offers the following subscription plans:
- Free plan: Limited individual use
- Pro plan: For individuals and smaller teams at $18/seat/month
- Business plan: For growing businesses at $29/seat/month
- Enterprise plan: Custom pricing
Rev is a call transcription service that provides both automated and human transcriptions. The platform offers file-sharing and annotation features and can integrate with popular tools like Zoom, Vimeo, YouTube, and Dropbox.
However, it can't record live meetings and has limited team collaboration features. Rev may not be the best fit for you if you need a more comprehensive call transcription software.
Rev operates on a pay-as-you-go subscription model with the following pricing plans:
- Automated transcription: $0.25 per minute
- Human transcription: $1.50 per minute
- English captions: $1.50 per minute
- Global subtitles: $5-$12 per minute
Image source: G2
Gong is a call transcription app mainly used for analyzing interactions with clients. It assists sales teams in enhancing their client-facing calls by providing suggestions related to the duration and content of the recorded sessions.
However, some users have reported that Gong has an unusually long onboarding process and that some of its automated suggestions do not consistently align with the content discussed during sales calls.
Gong offers personalized pricing based on team size and specific needs. You need to contact the sales team for more information.
10. Happy Scribe
Happy Scribe is a tool that specializes in providing transcription and subtitling services. Video editors and subtitlers primarily use it. One of its outstanding features is its capability to transcribe content into over 120 languages.
Happy Scribe offers both human transcription services, which are more expensive but have an accuracy rate of 99%, and automated transcriptions, which are less costly but have an average accuracy rate of 85%, according to user reports.
Happy Scribe provides a free plan for AI transcription and subtitling, along with three paid plans:
- Basic plan costs 17$ per month for individuals
- Pro plan costs $29/month
- Business plan costs $49/month
Other popular call transcription tools
Here are some other popular call transcription tools:
- Wingman by Clari
- iovox Insights
What factors should be considered when selecting call transcription software?
When trying to choose between different call transcription software options, you must consider some key factors:
- Accuracy: The reliability of recorded information can be affected by transcription errors. To evaluate the accuracy of a tool before purchasing it, you should use a free trial and test all features.
- Real-time transcription capabilities: If you need instant transcriptions, this will determine your selection.
- Integrations: If you require transcription software to integrate with your existing tools, such as your CRM or online meeting platform, you should check which integrations the tool supports before purchasing.
- Security: The software should adhere to security standards and compliance regulations, mainly if dealing with sensitive information or other legal requirements specific to your industry.
- Cost: You should consider the pricing model offered by the call transcription service. Some tools may charge per user, per minute of transcription, or have subscription plans.
- User reviews: Always read reviews and testimonials from other users to understand their firsthand experiences with the transcription software.
Key benefits of call transcription
Call transcription offers numerous advantages across various use cases. Below are some of them:
- Better record keeping: Call transcription enhances accurate documentation and record-keeping by providing a written record of your digital conversations. You can store and share these records for future use or revision.
- Time-saving: Automated call transcription saves time and effort compared to manual note-taking. It allows users to quickly review and extract information from transcriptions, minimizing the time to review recorded calls. Many call transcription tools also provide automated summaries and highlights, which pull key information for you.
- Insights: The best call transcription software enables the analysis of audio content. It can aid in gaining insights into customer preferences and common queries or issues. You can improve your business strategies and decision-making processes by analyzing this data.
- Compliance: Call transcription is valuable for companies and individuals who must comply with regulatory requirements. It provides a clear record of communications required for audits or investigations.
- Customer service improvement: Analyzing call transcriptions helps you identify areas for improvement within your customer service team or practices. For example, you can refine your customer support responses more efficiently and accurately by gauging common customer issues and feedback.
- Accessibility: Transcriptions make information accessible to individuals with hearing impairments or those who prefer reading over listening, promoting inclusivity within your company practices.
Call transcription use cases
The sales industry is not the only sector that can benefit from call transcription. Call transcription software is useful in various scenarios, some of which are:
- Customer support: Call transcription is often used in customer support centers to document customer or client interactions, analyze customer concerns and improve overall service quality.
- Legal proceedings: In legal settings, call transcription is essential for documenting conversations, interviews, and court proceedings. It helps maintain accurate records for reference and compliance purposes.
- Remote collaboration: For dispersed teams, call transcription facilitates collaboration by providing a highly accurate written account of virtual meetings, making it easier for remote team members to catch up on missed discussions.
- Content creation: Journalists or podcasters can use call transcription to convert spoken interviews into written content, streamlining their content creation process.
- Quality assurance: Call transcription is useful in quality assurance processes because it allows businesses to monitor and evaluate the quality of customer interactions.
- Education and research: In educational institutions, call transcription supports research interviews, academic discussions, and lecture documentation. It aids researchers and students in reviewing and analyzing recorded content.
The best call transcription software is one that is both accurate and efficient while also being cost-effective. Bluedot is a tool that can consistently deliver on all of these requirements.
With its user-friendly interface and extensive features, Bluedot is a game-changer in call transcription services and AI meeting assistants.
Whether you are a student looking to record lectures without hassle, a business professional needing a streamlined way to document important meetings, or anyone in between, Bluedot's comprehensive toolkit caters to diverse needs.
Bluedot strongly emphasizes the secure handling of your data whilst offering a range of pricing plans to suit various budgets. It makes it the best call transcription software for 2024 and beyond.
Why not take it for a test drive yourself? Book your demo with Bluedot today!