Image source: TechCrunch
As online meetings have become the new norm, transcription services have become essential. Research shows that the online transcription software and service market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 12.1% from 2023 to 2030.
Otter AI has become a go-to transcription platform among users. However, despite many benefits, some downsides motivate customers to search for alternative solutions.
When it comes to transcribing, the quality of the audio plays a crucial role in determining Otter AI accuracy. Furthermore, Otter AI may occasionally struggle to distinguish between speakers, requiring manual editing of the meeting notes. Also, its analytics may not be as comprehensive as expected.
To help you avoid these challenges, we will share the 9 top Otter AI alternatives in this article. From real-time transcription to AI-powered voice recognition, we will explore the features, benefits and pricing of Otter AI's main competitors.
Let's dive right in.
Top Otter AI alternatives
Our list includes both free and paid software options to suit any budget. You can find the perfect fit for your needs without worrying about the cost.
- Happy Scribe
Let's start with our analysis.
Bluedot is an AI-powered meeting recorder that you can use with Google Meet. This Otter AI alternative allows you to effortlessly record, transcribe, and summarize video meetings by generating AI-based notes tailored to your requirements. You can automatically share these notes to Slack, Notion or preferred CRM.
What sets Bluedot apart from similar tools is its approach to note-taking. It doesn't require access to your calendar or inviting a bot to manage meeting recordings.
Instead, it automatically captures and transcribes your Google Meet sessions through a free Chrome extension.
However, Bluedot offers more than just a Chrome extension. It is a collaborative video workspace designed to automate documentation and reduce the number of meetings for your entire company.
At Bluedot, we prioritize GDPR compliance, ensuring encryption, security, and information storage following EU data protection laws. You can be sure that no one can access your meeting data. Your privacy is our top priority.
Try Bluedot for free.
- AI notes for Google Meet: Enhance your meeting experience with notes customized for different scenarios.
- Screen recorder: Save and share presentations or discussions precisely as they occurred by capturing screen activity and audio during meetings.
- Meeting highlights: Revisit key points or share insights with team members by extracting and sharing crucial moments from your meetings.
- Annotation and comments: Facilitate collaboration and discussion around important content by annotating specific sections of your screen and leaving time-based comments.
- Video editing: Edit your recorded videos effortlessly by editing the transcript. Trim out filler words or sentences to create polished and concise recordings.
- Video hosting: Ensure easy access and management of your meeting recordings and other video content by storing and organizing all videos in one place using collections.
- Integrations: Bluedot offers integrations with dozens of your favorite apps, including Slack, Google Drive, Salesforce, Pipedrive and more.
Bluedot provides a range of subscription options suitable for teams and individuals. You can start for free or choose one of the paid plans, which starts at $18 per month.
What's best, with this alternative to Otter AI, you'll pay less per seat. Our solution, in combination with Google Meet, helps you cut costs on platforms like Zoom and Loom.
For additional details, explore the Pricing page on our website.
Request a demo today to understand how Bluedot saves time and boosts productivity.
- How to record a Google Meet meeting in 3 steps
- All the possible ways to join a Google Meet
- Where Do Google Meet Recordings Go: How to Find and Download Them
Fireflies.ai is a meeting assistant and collaboration platform that facilitates your web conferencing experience by providing audio recording and automated transcription capabilities. Its live transcription and processing during meetings takes only a few minutes.
After the processing, you will receive a detailed meeting summary, audio recording, and transcript. With this Otter AI alternative, you and your team members can add comments and specific markers to improve these files.
- Real-time meeting recording, transcription, summarization, and analysis
- Transcription available for 30+ languages
- Smart Search for swift keyword, theme, and topic exploration
- Effortless sharing and referencing with Soundbites
- Analytics for actionable insights and enhanced team performance
This alternative to Otter AI provides one free and three paid plans you can subscribe to monthly or annually.
The plans differ in the number of transcription credits and storage per seat. To access the advanced features, you need to subscribe to higher plans.
- Pro starts at $18 per seat/month, billed monthly or $10 per seat/month billed annually.
- Business starts at $29 per seat/month, billed monthly or $19 per seat/month billed annually.
- Custom plan is available only with the annual subscription, and you need to contact the company for more information.
With Dialpad, you can transcribe meetings and video calls manually or automatically. It also provides a unified platform for phone calls, video conferencing, and messaging. The AI technology behind this Otter AI alternative can identify keywords and phrases and create customized markers to track them effectively.
- Real-time voice transcription for calls, video meetings, and voicemails
- Video conferencing, screen sharing, and external team collaboration
- Post-call email summaries with recordings, searchable transcripts, and action items
- AI meetings for focused discussions without note-taking
- Screen sharing during sessions on any device
- Manual and automated audio recordings
- Unified interface for calls, video meetings, and messaging
- Accurate transcriptions and real-time call purpose detection for supervision
Dialpad offers various pricing plans based on a monthly cost per user. Its free plan for AI meetings has restrictions regarding participants and duration, so it's more suitable for personal use.
- Free plan: $0/user/month
- Business plan: $20/user/month suitable for large teams
Avoma is another Otter AI alternative. This meeting assistant is tailored to foster collaboration, optimize customer success, and enhance your productivity. It can automatically extract action items, detect objections within conversations, and spotlight positive moments and gestures during meetings.
- Automated transcription from web conferencing tools
- AI-generated meeting notes
- Automated summary and categorization of key moments in conversations
- Speaker identification and comment attribution
- Topic detection and categorization
- Keyword tracking and insights on frequency and context
- Shared agenda templates with human-like notes
- Snippets playlists for reviewing calls and meetings
- Conversation and revenue intelligence
Avoma's free-forever plan includes limited AI meeting features and a basic scheduler. To access advanced features, you need to subscribe to higher plans. Plus, there is a minimum user seat requirement per plan.
- Starter plan: $24/user/month
- Plus plan: $59/user/month
- Business plan: $79/user/month
- Enterprise plan: $149/user/month
Another Otter AI alternative, Descript, is a versatile tool that offers more than just audio and video clips editing features. With its screen recording and transcription features, you can easily record new content or upload existing files for quick transcriptions.
In addition to its editing features, Descript is also useful for recording and transcribing web conferencing sessions, making it a helpful tool for online meetings.
- Screen and audio recording
- AI-powered automated audio and video transcription
- Speaker identification and comment attribution
- Automated meeting summaries and slide capture with Otter bot for video conferencing calls
- Multitrack recording during Zoom calls with separate video and audio files
- Transcription of Zoom video calls
Descript offers a free plan with limited features and three paid plans billed per user per month. Each paid plan provides different amounts of transcription and remote recording hours per editor.
- Creator plan: $15/user/month
- Pro plan: $30/user/month
- Enterprise plan: Custom pricing
With Rev, you'll get an automated transcription feature with a 90% accuracy rate. If you prefer a human touch, this Otter AI alternative also offers a transcription service that takes about 5 hours to process your files. Uploading pre-existing audio or video files for transcription is straightforward, and you can also annotate and share your files.
- Audio and video file recording and transcription for any size projects
- Human transcription services for improved accuracy
- Zoom meeting transcripts
- Translation of video subtitles in various languages
- Instant live captions for virtual events, meetings and webinars
- Integration of speech-to-text solutions into your apps
Rev has a pay-as-you-go subscription model and offers the following payment plans:
- Automated Transcription: $0.25/minute
- Human Transcription: $1.50/minute
- English Captions: $1.50/minute
- Global Subtitles: $5-$12/minute
Happy Scribe is a trustworthy and dependable solution for automated and manual transcription and video subtitling. Thanks to its advanced AI-powered features, Happy Scribe can translate your files into over 120 languages and 45 formats.
In addition, you can also hire skilled professionals to complete the work manually, ensuring accuracy and quality.
- Voice recognition technology
- Automatic and human transcription of audio and video files
- Video captions generation
- Interactive editors to facilitate manual transcription and subtitling
- Workspaces for collaboration and sharing of transcripts and subtitles
- Unlimited uploads suitable for any projects
- Multiple export formats, including TXT and DOCX
Happy Scribe provides a free-forever plan with AI transcription, subtitles, and translation. Paid plans vary in available minutes, file export options, and customer support.
- Basic plan: $17/month
- Pro plan: $29/month
- Business plan: $49/month
With oTranscribe, you can manually transcribe pre-recorded audio and video materials without cost. The platform allows you to pause, rewind, and fast-forward the recordings, ensuring a seamless transcription experience.
In addition, you can use oTranscribe to automatically generate interactive timestamps and store transcripts in your browser's storage for easy access.
- Ability to pause, rewind, and fast forward
- Interactive timestamps
- Automatic file saving
- Support for various audio and video file types
- Export options to Google Docs, Plain Text, or Markdown
- Word/QuickTime integration
oTranscribe is a free-to-use and open-source web app.
Primarily, tl;dv is a Google Meet and Zoom meeting documentation tool. It helps you reduce meetings' frequency and duration and team involvement.
This AI-powered tool records and transcribes meetings automatically, allowing participants to highlight important moments for later sharing with the entire team.
- Free meeting recordings for various purposes
- AI Meeting Note Taker for meeting summarization
- Highlights marked with timestamps
- Instant access to your meetings library
- Integration with Zoom, Google Meet and Slack
- Unlimited transcripts with speaker identification
- Searchable transcripts with keyword functionality
- Multiple languages support (over 20 languages)
tl;dv provides a free forever plan for small teams and individuals with unlimited recordings and transcripts. It also offers two paid plans.
- Pro plan: $20 per recording user per month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing with a dedicated account manager
What’s the best Otter AI alternative for your transcription needs?
While Otter AI is a decent solution for note-taking and transcription, it's important to note that this platform may not meet all your business requirements.
It has some limitations regarding the accuracy, functionality, language support (currently only English) and free plan. Additionally, there are some privacy concerns to consider since Otter AI collects user data.
So, which Otter AI alternative do we recommend as the best option?
Consider Bluedot, our AI-powered Chrome extension for Google Meet.
Bluedot offers a non-intrusive transcription process, personalized meeting notes, robust integrations and a GDPR-first approach to data security and compliance.
In addition, Bluedot serves as a collaborative video workspace that designed to help teams know more. With advanced technology, user-centric features, and data protection, Bluedot is the go-to solution for all your transcription needs.
Improve your workflow management and promote efficiency with Bluedot.